Popular Posts

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Fogo de Chou...My new love

For those of you who haven't heard Fogo de Chou, it is a Brazilian steak house located in many major cities. When you are ready (turn your coaster to the green side), servers will come around to your table, offering various cuts of meet including steaks, lamb, ribs, sausage, and chicken. The servers also bring mashed potatoes, rolls, crispy polenta, and plantains to the table.

The lamb chops were my favorite cut of meat. The fliet mignon was quite impressive as well. The rolls were crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and very cheesy; beyond belief! I'm embarrassed to say that I ate 5 of them. The fried, crunchy polenta was surprisingly appetizing.

The restaurant also has a gourmet salad bar with foods such as hearts of palm, heirloom tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and a huge wheel of parmesan.

When the meal was over, I was filled to capacity and you could have rolled me out of the place. It is not cheap, but great for a special occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment